What is Dollar Divas?
Dollar Divas: [dol·lar di·vas] (n. pl.)
- A community of passionate women dedicated to financial education.
- Industry thought leaders host local and online events to create space for women to learn, grow and connect.
- A platform for developing an empowered group of like-minded women who will become a core source of professional support.
How did we get here?
Dollar Divas was founded in 2012 to help Saira and I expand our networks, get to know amazing women in our city and share the knowledge we have on personal finance. After 6 years of in person events on everything from using VRBO to rent out your home to understanding your insurance contracts Saira and I have realized that it’s time to bring the Dollar Divas magic to the web and expand our reach.
Here is a little bit more about us.
I’ve been working in the financial industry for over 10 years and I love to talk about money! I started out as a file monkey at credit counseling firm and then moved into financial planning where I hung my hat for 5 years. I left my practice in 2015 to pursue Dollar Divas full time. Other random facts about me:
- I met my husband in high-school and we’ve been together for almost 15 years
- I have an overly friendly dog named Jack who hates the mailman
- I had my first child, a daughter, in 2017
- My 2nd love is fast-pitch, I’ve been playing for 25 years and counting
Born and raised in Victoria, Saira’s passion is real estate. Licenced since 2009, she uses her expertise and great communication skills to help her clients make great financial decisions with their real estate. Other random facts about Saira
- Saira tied the knot under the sunshine in July 2017
- Saira has 2 hilarious cats, Elwood and Jake
- Saira also has a big lovable pooch named Maverick
- Saira trekked through Iceland on her honeymoon as a fundraiser for Royal LePage Shelter Foundation